10 Health Tips Learned At The Thyroid Sessions
Here are 10 health tips learned at The Thyroid Sessions and this has been an important event because it has helped so many individuals who have been struggling with their health to learn some of the most important things they can do to make a change.
Today I want to share the 10 health tips learned at the thyroid sessions:
- Eliminate Gluten – this is the one thing that I heard at each session. Nora Gedgaudas says “You must assume that GLUTEN is a problem for you if you have Hashimotos!”
- Eliminate Fluoride – Here is a short explanation from Dr. Mercola – “Altered thyroid function is associated with fluoride intakes as low as 0.05-0.1 mg fluoride per kilogram body weight per day (mg/kg/day), or 0.03 mg/kg/day with iodine deficiency. Increased prevalence of goiter (>20 percent) is associated with fluoride intakes of 0.07-0.13 mg/kg/day, or 0.01 mg/kg/day with iodine deficiency.” LINK TO ARTICLE This means eliminating fluoride in the water you drink, your toothpaste and a big one are medications!
- Eliminate Chlorine – again this is a hormone disruptor and must be eliminated for Thyroid Health – chlorine and fluoride both compete/block for iodine in the thyroid
- Exercise – can be done in short bursts – time saving and effective
- Reduce Stress – this came up a lot! I heard many, many years ago that 9 out of 10 people went to their primary doctor for stress related issues! Time to take the lead with stress! Meditate, pray, play may be a couple of ideas worth trying for yourself.
- Eat Real Food – this is so important to healing not only your thyroid but your whole self. Eating real food, organic, locally cooked with care in your own kitchen is one of the most important, vital things you can do. It’s about making time for what is important. You are important! Learn a few good recipes, get really good at those, enjoy and then branch out your skills! Paleo cooking came up a couple of times and this Cookbook may help. What I have found about real food is that it is awesome! And so worth learning how to enjoy the experience.
- Eliminate Soy– most soy is GMO and must not be eaten. Period. Especially men and boys!
- Fats – I must say good fats are good, really essential for you! Grass fed butter, pastured lard, duck fat, organic coconut oil for some examples. Important for your brain and fat soluble vitamins to be used in the body
- Don’t be afraid of Salt or I must say Sea Salt! Dr. Brownstein says this: ” The majority of my patients are salt deficient”
- Paleo as an eating strategy – eating like your ancestors did millions of years ago. No packaged, processed “Frankenfoods” only real food, grass fed.
And the last of the 10 things I learned at the Thyroid Sessions is that it is really important to learn about your health, learn how to speak with your doctor about your health concerns. This is one of our top 10 wellness tips for you to learn! You see it came up a number of times that Doctors today are not aware of many of the issues with Thyroid! Especially when it comes to Autoimmune Issues with Thyroid. Chris Kresser said this – ” for every 1 person diagnosed with HypoThyroidism, 2-3 go undiagnosed! When you taking the time to learn and then have those discussions with your doctor can make a world of difference to how you feel as well as live your best life!