Holistic Lifestyle Transformation Coaching With Wendy Bottrell
When we think about Holistic Lifestyle Transformation we think about designing our life for Wellness. So, Is Your Life Designed To Support Wellness?
The question we are asking ourselves here is whether our own personal life, in its current state, is designed to support wellness.
This requires a dual approach to a holistic lifestyle transformation.
When we begin a holistic lifestyle transformation, we must investigate exactly what wellness is referring to. Does it mean a general state of well-being? Can we be well physically but not mentally? Does this have anything to with spiritual wellness?
We must recognize whether or not wellness is suited to our life currently. Maybe we already live in a way that promotes wellness in our everyday life and maybe we do not. However, in either case, we want to understand how well our life is suited to wellness.
For those of us who do not live in a way that promotes wellness, what do we have to do to inspire a holistic lifestyle transformation with wellness in our current life? Do we have to make any changes or is it simply a case of doing more? Maybe it is a case of doing less?
What is Wellness?
Wellness is something that many people overlook. Most people think that how they feel is how they feel and there is nothing to be done about it.
For some, the primary goal of seeking good health is to prevent some possible future disease, like heart disease or diabetes.
Some others relate wellness only to the physical body and others relate it more to their mental state than anything else does.
Let us have a look at a holistic view of what wellness is. Quite simply, wellness can be understood as balance.
Wellness = Balance
When we feel well physically it is due to the fact of our bodies is getting what they need from a balanced lifestyle. This includes our level of physical exercise, our nutrition intake, our level of work vs play, and our personal and environmental hygiene. When we feel balanced physically, we feel well.
Mentally we feel balanced when our thoughts are aligned with our purpose in life. When we have an understanding as to what we are doing, why we are doing it and what needs to be done to maintain order in our life. When we are emotionally disturbed, n the other hand, we say that we feel out-of-balance, or perhaps mentally unwell.
Spiritually, we have a much bigger picture to look at. In order to determine whether we are spiritually well, we need to be very honest with ourselves when asking that question. If we feel completely happy with our lives, if we have a genuine understanding of our function and position in the universe, as living beings, then we could be said to be spiritually well. But, and this is where the importance of self-honesty shines through, we must be clear with ourselves if we feel spiritually unwell.
Do we feel confused about our way of life, or our beliefs?
And, do we have unresolved conflicts with our past, or even perhaps our understanding of our life, or our purpose?
Do we feel inner calm and peace that supports and promotes our utmost quality of life?
Being spiritually unwell means that no matter what we do, or where we go, or who we are with, our happiness, our wellness is only temporary.
Eventually, we always fall back into some form of despair or confusion, or suffering: like having a splinter in our minds that inevitably, always returns back to hurt.
Health Is The New Wealth, Are You Well-thy?
- No matter how successful you are and how much money you have in the bank, without good health you will be ill-equipped to enjoy your riches and achievements.
- Recent surveys show a trend towards preventative health and the maintenance of good health. Values have shifted and where once acquisition of possessions was seen as the symbol of wealth, nowadays the trappings associated with health are becoming a bigger status symbol.
- Green juice, for example, is seen as a signaling of wealth, status, and discipline, and displaying the accouterments of good health is being viewed as more important than the accumulation of expensive cars, houses, jewels, and other material “toys.”
- It has been shown that more consumers today are more interested in staying fit and healthy than they are in paying for health care once they have become sick. They are willing to pay a higher price for products and services, which will keep them fit and well. This is a big part of the holistic lifestyle transformation!
- So rather than looking at dollars in your bank, why not take a few minutes to assess your own health/fitness level and see how “well-thy” you truly are…and begin to design your life to support wellness with a holistic lifestyle transformation with our 3 Key Action Steps
The Best Thing About Wellness
The best thing about wellness though is that it is attainable, by anyone and everyone. Everyone and anyone on the face of the planet can achieve physical, mental, and spiritual wellness.
In order to encourage the development of a holistic lifestyle transformation and wellness in our lives, all we have to do is maintain a balanced way of life. This incorporates the physical, mental and spiritual worlds since all of those things are within us.
Therefore, with regards to the question, is your lifestyle designed to support wellness, the above will give you an idea if it is, and only you will know the answer. If the answer is no, there are many things you can do to make changes, so make a plan and stick with it.
Be sure to get our 3 Key Action Steps to Design Your Life For Wellness.