Define Health This Way For Your Best Healthy Life!
I help clients to define health in a way for their best life. The definition I use helps clients to see their life as a whole experience. Here is what I mean.
Here We Define Health In Two Different Ways:
- Health is – the state of being free from illness or injury.
- The World Health Organizations definition – Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. (Source)
I feel health must be a part of the whole life. Not just one aspect can be considered to be living in health. I must define health beyond gluten free living.
Let me put it this way and break down how exactly I define health.
Here is how I define health as a whole life experience.
- H – hydration – Water: colorless, odorless, tasteless and clear. Use Filtered or Bottled. Water makes up more than two-thirds of the weight of the human body, and without it, humans would die in a few days. A mere 2% drop in our body’s water supply can trigger signs of dehydration. The signs are a fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on smaller print, such as a computer screen. Mild dehydration is also one of the most common causes of daytime fatigue. An estimated seventy-five percent of North Americans have mild, chronic dehydration. Water forms the fluids that surround the joints. Water helps to alleviate constipation by moving food through the intestinal tract and thereby eliminating waste the best detox agent. Regulates metabolism. Most people can not tell the difference from hunger and thirst and will eat something to satisfy the feeling. Drink ½ your body weight in ounces daily. • If feeling hungry have a glass of water. After 20 minutes still hungry then eat as you really are hungry. A simple way to get 8 glasses of water daily: on waking up, at each meal and snacks, before bed, with exercise this will be a challenge as you start, stick with it as it is worth it. GIVE YOURSELF THIS GIFT OF LIFE
- E – eating or nutrition – “Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food” Hippocrates . 80% of wellness is what you put into your body through food and drink. For many who have sensitivity or intolerance to gluten what you eat and don’t eat is as important as how you eat. There is mounting evidence that grains are causing health problems like Alzheimers, Parkinson’s Disease etc. Remember Dr. Tom O’Bryan said this – ” No human can digest gluten”
The following are often the forgotten of the 6 elements of health!!
- A – air or breathing – Breathing – very few people breathe well – We take 29,000 breaths a day yet most people have unhealthy breathing habits? They hold their breath or breathe high in the chest or in a shallow, irregular manner. These patterns have been unconsciously adopted, accidentally formed, or emotionally impressed. Certain “typical” breathing patterns actually trigger physiological and psychological stress and anxiety reactions! Heart attacks, cancer, strokes, pneumonia, asthma, speech problems, and almost every disease known to mankind is worsened or improved by how well we breathe, the quality of our respiration. People who breathe optimally rarely or never get sick. They live a lot longer too!
- L – Let Sleep be a part of your plan – Sleep is seen as a throwaway commodity, lack of sleep causes many health problems. The Wind down prior to this time. Going to bed at 10:00 and falling asleep at 11:00 doesn’t count. Physical Repair is between 10:00 pm and 2am. After 2am the immune/repair energies are more focused on Mental repair, which lasts until we awaken.
- T – Thinking – Thoughts: can have a profound effect on our health and well-being. Be responsible for your thoughts “You are today where your thoughts have brought you and you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you” James Allen. Here is a great article by Bonnie Gean on how vital Thinking in all aspects of life and in our case health. Thoughts manifest words and this will create the physical outcome
Define health by finding your inner athlete
- H – Have To Move – Our bodies are designed to move. Find the athlete in you. Working out is hard so don’t do it. Learn to have a Play out every day. Regular exercise can be a major stress reducer. Learn exercises that work within, we teach Zone Exercises, Energizing, Vitalizing or Performance Programs. Your program can also be as simple as: Take a brisk walk during the lunch hour. Walk instead of drive whenever you can. Take a walk with the family after dinner. Get a Personal Trainer. Train with a friend. Park as far away as possible from the entrance to the mall. Take the stairs when possible. Develop a varied High-Intensity Interval Training Program 20 minutes of intense effective training, who doesn’t have time for that 2-3 times a week.
When we define health as a whole life experience.
This includes how we think, breath, hydrate, eat, sleep and exercise we can create a balance in our life.
I define health this way. I help those clients that I work with to do the same. How do you define health? Share your comments below, like and use the Social buttons to share this post if you find value!
Keep in touch with us
How do you define health for your best life?