Eliminate Corn For Better Health
This was information that I was lucky enough to learn many years ago and as that time began the task to learn how to eliminate corn for better health. You see I was told that cows were fed corn to fatten them up. I was already struggling with carrying an extra 100 lbs. so I didn’t really need any extra help to gain more weight. As I have continued this journey I have since learned that corn gluten is as big of a health issue as wheat gluten. Even more important to eliminate corn now.
I began eliminating corn with the obvious food items, like corn on the cob, soft drinks. Yet at that time it was not clear to me that corn, just like wheat and gluten is in everything! According to Dr. Osborne: (Source)
- Much of the processed gluten free junk frood (Frankenfood) is derived from genetically modified corn.
- There is a huge increase in patients with refractory celiac disease (these people do not respond to a traditional gluten free diet.)
- Multiple studies have shown that traditional gluten free diets fail to heal patients even after many years on the diet.
- Corn is used in the production of sweeteners, shampoos, soaps, plastics, fuels, etc. The potential for cross contamination is dangerously high.
- There are more studies showing that corn gluten is a problem than there are studies showing that it is not.
- All of our domesticated farm animals are fed staple diets of genetically modified corn. Our meat and dairy industry revolves around this.
Don’t fool yourself if you eat corn and feel OK today! Learn from Dr. Osborne in this video why you will want to eliminate corn for better health even if you think it is not a health issue:
Now Dr. Hyman also discusses corn as High Fructose Corn Syrup. “The goal of the corn industry is to call into question any claim of harm from consuming high fructose corn syrup, and to confuse and deflect by calling their product natural “corn sugar”. That’s like calling tobacco in cigarettes natural herbal medicine.” Around the discussion of corn and HFCS he says the following: (Source)
The real issues are only two.
- We are consuming HFCS and sugar in pharmacologic quantities never before experienced in human history–140 pounds a year versus 20 teaspoons a year 10,000 years ago.
- High fructose corn syrup is always found in very poor-quality foods that are nutritionally vacuous and filled with all sorts of other disease promoting compounds, fats, salt, chemicals, and even mercury.
The reasons to eliminate corn for better health are many especially even you like me have struggled with issues like gluten sensitivity, or weight issues. This is one ingredient that can be simply taken out of the diet by eating real food, not packaged processed food or (FROOD). Eliminate corn by drinking water rather than soft drinks and many juice drinks. Use this list as a guide to eliminate corn for better health – LINK
Sign up now for the first ever Online Future of Nutrition Conference with Marc David and The Institute for the Psychology of Eating. There’s an amazing lineup of over 55 fascinating presenters who’ll be sharing unique insights into what the future of food and nutrition truly have in store: food and the brain, hormones, digestive health, ancestral diets, nutrition and longevity, and so much more. If you’re ready for cutting edge ideas and a fresh approach to nutrition, then please join in! It’s completely FREE and begins this January! Register using this LINK
Be sure to leave your comments, questions or insights in the area below. Like and Share with your friends if you found this post useful and want them to know about it too!
Stay in touch be including your name and best email:
Let today be your day! Talk soon,