Gluten Free Recipes
When I began the journey to eating gluten free one of the things I missed most was bread. I have tried many gluten free recipes for bread over the past year and a half. What I found to be the best is this gluten free pumpkin bread recipe. Originally this gluten free recipes was found at Anjas Food 4 Thought using banana rather than pumpkin. I don’t eat banana so made a few changes to the recipe.
Here is my version of this gluten free bread loaf recipe. Before we get into the recipe there are a couple of things I would like to suggest to have in your kitchen beyond the obvious.
- When purchasing baking soda please be sure it is aluminum free. “Brain deterioration. Aluminium has been found in tangled fibres in the brains of Alzheimer’s sufferers.”
- Spices – McCormick’s single ingredient spices are gluten-free to 20 parts per million. Although McCormick’s reportedly processes gluten-containing spices on the same equipment. You’d need to check for gluten cross-contamination in other manufacturers’ spices, since many companies use gluten as an ingredient in some spice mixes. Resource
- Coconut Oil – be sure it is organic virgin or extra virgin coconut oil
- It would be my suggestion to use only organic ingredients
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Loaf
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup walnuts, pumpkin seed, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cranberries
Preheat oven to 180C/375F. Grease with coconut oil
In a large bowl, combine almond meal, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
In another bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir in vanilla, coconut oil and pumpkin puree. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Fold in dates, coconut, cranberries and chopped nuts. Break up bigger lumps of dates if they stick together.
Transfer batter to prepared loaf tin. The recipe suggests to Bake for 40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. (I found that after 30 minutes I can turn off the heat for the oven and simply leave the loaf tin in for an extra 10 – 15 minutes. This allows the loaf to cook and yet it won’t burn)
There you have it. One more to include in your gluten free recipes. This one is really easy, tasty and allows you to enjoy a gluten free pumpkin bread recipe.
Skeptical That A TRUE Gluten Free Diet Can Actually Restore Your Health And Vitality AND Help You Lose 10-20 Pounds?
That’s Why I’m Offering You A NO-RISK Trial of The Gluten Free Diet Solution – the EXACT Blueprint I Prescribe to Cure the Following (and more) Chronic Symptoms: Headaches, Fatigue, Depression, Swelling and Water Retention, Joint Pain, Bloating, PLUS the Inability to Lose Weight