Good Health Tip Of The Day
Today’s good health tip of the day we will discuss sleep! As Holistic Lifestyle coaches, we realize how vital sleep is to good health. Do you know that in today’s society where we never really see complete darkness? We also see sleep as the forgotten good health practice. According to Dr. Osborne, and many other holistic lifestyle practitioners sleep must be considered a health nutrient rather than something we must do.
We must get better sleep for our good health. Rob Wolfe said in an interview I listened to months ago and I am paraphrasing if people got more sleep most of the health problems would go away.
Humans are not nocturnal. It is not in our best interest to be up after the sun goes down. I know not possible in today’s world. There is so much to do, so much TV to watch, the Internet to be on can not get to bed early.
Let me give you an example from Dr. Osborne what in fact can disrupt sleep.
- Lack of exercise – check out the latest fitness program for good health results
- Too much stress (physical, chemical, emotional)
- Too much caffeine – drinking caffeine after 2 pm
- Multiple medications
- Eating the wrong food – Wheat – check ou the latest cookbook
- Going to bed late
- Overweight (sleep apnea)
- Not enough sunshine – the sunshine regulates melatonin
- Artificial lights – full spectrum light bulbs are important
Here is a quick video with Dr. Osborne as he explains how sleep will help with your good health:
Great video, right? So now we know that we must get more sleep and especially sleep between 10 pm and 2 am for our good health. How do we do that?
So now we know that we must get more sleep and especially sleep between 10 pm and 2 am for our good health. How do we do that?