Here Are 3 Reasons to Stop the I Shoulds
I have ben thinking about “the I shoulds” and today I have 3 reasons to consider to stop using this saying in our daily thoughts. You see the first pillar to wellness is thinking. Yet if we are thinking “I should do this” or “I should do that” what kind of thinking are we doing.
- You see every time we use the words “I Should” we are telling ourself we are wrong! This is a negative thought pattern and makes us feel bad about ourselves. Here is an example of an “I Should” for me: i.e. “I Should” be earning more income
- The “I Shoulds keep us stuck in lack and not being grateful for what we are doing at this moment. i.e. “I Shoulds” have more clients right now
- The “I Shoulds” when we say it in comparison to others or others achievements make us feel less than. i.e. as a fitness professional “I Shoulds” have the body of a 20-year-old LOL! talk about setting myself up to feel less than. I am 56 yrs old, really how much should I weight? Not what I did as a 20-year-old !
When we are living in the “I Shoulds” we are not living our best life!
- Imagine if you were exactly where you are meant to be at this moment. See the opportunity!
- Imagine if you were/are grateful for this exact moment. Have gratitude!
- Imagine if your health/fitness/wellness/weight were all just opportunities to learn more about you and what is possible for you? Be the possibilities!
How would that allow you to turn the “I Shoulds” into I can, I will, I must!
So there you have it the 3 reasons to stop the “I shoulds”. To have gratitude for what is right in this moment, see the opportunities just for you, and be the possibilities in your life lessons.
Do you see the “I Shoulds” in your conversations with you? How do the “I Should’s” look for you?
Would be great to read your comments below.
Our Best Resource To Stop with the I Shoulds:
Unleash Your Greatness Summit – Transform your life with the 8 secret principles of greatness! With 28 expert speakers revealing their secrets to success, you’ll learn how to overcome adversity, find success, improve your health, chart a new life path and more! Anyone looking to change their life for the better will benefit from owning the Unleash Your Greatness Summit presented by Rodale Wellness, as the principles apply across all facets of life–from career to family to health and beyond–allowing everyone to unleash their capacity for greatness!
In the Unleash Your Greatness Summit, Lewis Howes and 27 of the greatest minds in their fields bring to life these eight principles of greatness that you can use to make profound changes in your life:
- 1. Create a Vision
- 2. Turn Adversity Into Advantage
- 3. Cultivate a Champion’s Mindset
- 4. Develop Hustle, Master Your Body
- 5. Master Your Body
- 6. Practice Positive Habits
- 7. Build a Winning Team
- 8. Be of Service to Others
Ready to Unleash Your Greatness? Go HERE now and create a new way of thinking!
How will you turn the I Shoulds into I can, I will, I must?