Today I want to share a paleo recipe for gluten free living! Here in Toronto we are in another deep freeze and this paleo recipe is the perfect idea for a cold winter day!
Paleo Recipe For Gluten Free Living (Recipe Inside)
When I began my gluten free diet over 2 years ago I wasn’t sure if I would be able to stick to it. If you’re anything like me or anyone who’s ever not succeeded with a diet…I’m willing to bet BOREDOM was a big culprit. You see, it’s easy to get into a rut and start eating the same thing over and over… feel frustrated… and then give up.
When I first realized I was gluten sensitive it was when I was listening to Dr. O’Bryan on the Paleo Summit! This is when I began following a Paleo diet – I have since realized Paleo easily the hottest d-i-e-t in the world right now–because it limits nearly all processed (and many restaurant foods).
The benefits of eating Paleo–including faster fat burning, glowing skin, unlimited energy, muscle tone, better mood and more–without EVER getting bored.
Here is the Paleo Recipe for Gluten Free Living
- 1 Tablespoon raw, certified organic, extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 Pounds ground beef (or other ground meat of choice)
- 1 Organic onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves organic garlic
- 1 jar of organic Marinara sauce (or make it yourself) Be sure to check there is no gluten!
- Diced organic tomatoes
- 2.5 teaspoons organic cumin
- 2-3 teaspoons organic chili powder
- 1-2 teaspoons organic thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons Celtic sea salt
- A couple of Serrano peppers (or jalapenos, or Anaheim peppers)
- Sauté onions & garlic until they are browned
- Add the meat, chili powder, thyme, and cumin
- Stir mixture in pan or pot
- Pour in marinara sauce, add tomatoes, peppers, and salt. Mix.
- Simmer for at least an hour
This chili is delicious – some tips:
1. I like adding in more salt, I’ve found the saltier it is the better it tastes. But that’s just me.
2. I like putting the Serrano peppers in a food processor to almost puree them, and then mix them in. Tastes amazing.
So there you have it a simple paleo recipe for gluten free living. Include a nice salad or even cauliflower and you are ready for dinner.
Want 120+ mouth-watering Paleo recipes? Click here.
Be sure to stay connected by filling in your name and best email in the form below:
What is your favorite paleo recipe for gluten free living? Share it in the comments, Like and Share if you feel this recipe would have value for your social network!
Let today be your day! Talk soon,
There are a couple of important events happening this month.
January 27-31 2014 – Nutrition is a wildly diverse science. Every expert seems to have something different and even contradictory to say. But, if you’re interested in fresh ideas and a cutting edge approach to nutrition, then join Host Marc David, founder of the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, for the 1st Global Online Future of Nutrition Conference! It begins January 2014! Sign up now – It’s completely free: Go HERE to Register
“Now That You Know, Where Do You Go?” Follow up Webinar with Dr. Tom O’Bryan – When we speak about mortality–and we must–we mean those with particular disorders are more likely to pass away early compared to others in the population who do not have such disorders. Yes, ultimately, everyone passes away, but if the goal is to live–and to live a vibrant life with a body that will keep you going for the long haul–then we want to do so, in a healthy manner, as long as we possibly can. This is why it is IMPERATIVE……to discover whether gluten is impacting your health. This is why it is IMPERATIVE……to register for my free, online webinar,