Thyroid Health Issues – 5 Reasons to Learn About Them
Over the past few months, I have learned a great deal about thyroid health issues and there are many! Today I want to share 5 reasons to learn about them. You see today we know that more than half the population is suffering from thyroid health issues only half have been properly diagnosed. And even less are receiving proper treatment. Are you?
5 Reasons to Learn About Thyroid Health:
- The thyroid regulates the rate of energy production in the body’s cells. Thyroid health issues can reduce the body’s metabolism and makes you feel sluggish.
- Thyroid issues may increase your risk of the diseases of aging that are epidemic today, such as heart disease, cancer and arthritis and your risk of widespread infection. In the more severe cases, the energy level in the body’s cells cannot even sustain a basic level of metabolism, creating a life-threatening situation.
- One big problem with thyroid issues is that it’s more often than not missed in diagnostic tests. Even if tests show that you do not have a thyroid disorder, you might still be at risk.
- So, even if you haven’t been diagnosed with thyroid issues, it’s important to check your body’s overall pH level and take dietary and other steps to reduce the acid level in your body.
- You will not only reduce your chances of developing thyroid disorder or making an existing thyroid disorder even worse. You will improve your health overall and reduce your vulnerability to degenerative disease.
Thyroid Health Issues Causes
The build up of acids in your body, due to poor digestion of food, food allergies and consumption of acid-forming substances, can cause thyroid health issues. Acid-related causes of thyroid disorder also include exposure to heavy metals and toxic chemicals in the water supply and in highly processed food. When your body’s acid level rises too high, your thyroid function will be depressed and your metabolism will slow. Lack of digestive enzymes, also caused by over-consumption of processed, packaged foods, including wheat, grains, and gluten further causes your thyroid health issues. Your body’s ability to neutralize acids is further reduced. As you get older, the more toxins you’re exposed to, like chlorine and fluoride, for example, the more likely you will develop a thyroid disorder if you haven’t already.
More on Thyroid Health Issues and Thyroid Disorder
With a thyroid disorder, your body’s cells and organs will not metabolize as quickly as they should. The presence of excess acid only makes the problem worse. Your cells and organs will become overrun with acid that they need to eliminate, but your thyroid disorder will reduce their ability to deal with these acids. The acid, in turn, will perpetuate or worsen your health issues.For example, a sluggish thyroid reinforces the digestive problems that cause acid to accumulate in your body. Because a thyroid issue slows your cellular metabolism, it reduces your body’s ability to eliminate acid waste. The more acid-forming substances you consume, the more this cycle repeats.To neutralize acids and restore your body to feeling good, you need to reduce or eliminate consumption of acidic foods and other acidic substances. Adding more alkaline foods and minerals to your diet can help restore thyroid disorder. As your acid level falls, you’ll find that your thyroid function will increase. Your body’s metabolism will increase as a result, and you’ll be able to neutralize acids even further. The end result will be restored health, higher energy, and a decreased risk of thyroid disorder.Diet is truly one of the most vital aspects to improving thyroid health issues! This came up time and time again at The Thyroid Sessions! It is remarkable how we can make some small changes over time to our diet and improve everything when it comes to our health.What changes have you made so you can improve your thyroid health issues?
The Thyroid Sessions event is now over and if you are looking for a solution to your thyroid health issues we recommend The How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy health system HERE